Because mrscarmichael has friends spread right across the globe it is imperative that she travel to visit with them at extremely regular intervals. It is also important that she holidays with the Carmichael clan as often as she can swing it. It is critical that she takes short breaks with girlfriends who live nearby but also experience the clarion call of the skies more often than you might expect.
Well 2013 is almost done and I am pleased with the voyages achieved.
Three weeks in the Antipodes, old friends, road trips, my home town, new friends, new relatives culminated in a girlie group reunion in Melbourne (four all together after eighteen years no less).
More new relatives in the Forest of Dean.
A whistle stop trip to the Costa Brava with Mr Carmichael quickly persued by a week in Puerto Pollenca, Mallorca (again with the husband).
And then out of the ether, a fortnight galavanting in western US of A. Vegas, Palm Springs and Los Angeles. Of course I was with Mr C. We were celebrating our 25th so he needed to be there.
All documented, in full technicolour, below.
2014 looks promising.
Already on offer is a trip to Thailand (girlfriend), Puglia in Spring (business trip oh yes), a Mallorcan holiday (clan plus), a month in Palm Springs (if I can wing it) with anyone who wants to join (to include Mr C, offspring, girlfriends, friends) and gaping gaps to fill (the filling, a pleasant pastime).
I need to get my skates on however. Mr Carmichael has managed to book himself a January ski trip right under my travel hungry nose.
Come fly with me, come fly, let’s fly away………
- When in Rome
- ‘Have I hit Anything?’
- By George, Karma Really is a Good Thing.
- Oh Hey, Palm Springs
- A (Not So Amusing) Wynn Amuse Bouche
- What Goes Around Comes Around or Vegas Encore
- This is Not Goodbye, Adios or Sayonara, Just Au Revoir and See Y’all On the Other Side
- Lost and Found
- Inside the Drach Cave
- My Illa d’Or
- Normal Service Will Resume……..The End to a Carmichael Costa Brava Triptych (More Bosch that Beautiful)The Carmichael Costa Brava Mini Break (Chapter Dos)
- In Which Mrs Carmichael Experiences the Reality of Ryan Air, Saves a Traveller in Distress, Embarrasses Herself and Makes it to the Costa BravaTo Ryanair, a Muted Monologue
- My New Zealand Trip, Auckland, Apex Cars and Adoration.
- Singapore Airlines, A Tale of Three Halves.
- Have Books Will Travel
- Let Them Drink Wine
- Barcelona, Three girls Came, Saw, Conquered and Made It Home As Well
- Take Three Girls: Barcelona
- I Don’t Like the Smell of Antipasti or Swiss Food for Thought
- Has My Visit to HMY Britannia Turned Me Into a Rabid Royalist?